GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Parrot,Unfortunately I can't claim any depth of understanding of...

1. 86 Posts.
    Parrot,
    Unfortunately I can't claim any depth of understanding of the paper vs actual metal influence on the gold price.
    I have an interest simply because I (foolishly) hung on to 6 small but significant positions in highly regarded Australian gold miners - Medusa, Silverlake, Troy, Northern Star, Ramelius and Perseus. Mostly low to lowish cost producers, a couple due to ramp up production.
    To recoup some of my losses, I want to trade these securities short term, trough to peaks. To do this with any sense of security, I must have some idea where the gold price is likely to go. The only idea I feel any attraction to is that gold should hold just above its production cost...maybe bottom $US1000 to $1200ish? (Is this a reasonable assumption?)
    As you yourself say - and I must respect your opinion because of your effort and apparent deep understanding - why would the miners and others with an interest in maintaining the price of gold KEEP QUIET WHEN THERE IS CLEAR MANIPULATION BEING PRACTISED???
    So I can't help wondering - are you the only person (or one of a tiny enlightened few) to see this dastardly deception being perpetrated? Because if the miners and other stakeholders saw what you see, they'd be screaming blue murder, right?
    So I can't help but suspect something's wrong in your analysis...but I have no idea what. Can anyone help?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.