CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

games games and more games...

1. 15,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    The players, once again are all over CVI...

Capping bids all arrive at once, all parked far enough away that they can pulled before they are taken out...and a couple of nice early sells near market to flush out a few to create a buffer below them.

Probably take just a few hundred thou sacrificed into the sellers, combined with pulling a few of their bids already placed in the queue in preparation...and sure enough the dweebs will throw themselves off the cliff in droves.

Really sad when we see a group take hold of a stock like this...of course, it only works on the good ones, as following every push-down and subsequent reload, they need the stock to rise again so they can complete the cycle.

CVI is vulnerable for two key reasons...

1. Heavy junior retail presence who both allow themselves to be used in this way and secondly, do not have the capacity to meet them head on by taking their capping orders out and;

2. CVI's rather "grey" standing with their projects, which allows sentiment to be swung from positive to negative relatively easily, mostly on the back of misinformation and just plain genral "noise" on places like HC, which adds to the tension of watching your stock go backwards when it should be going forwards.

I would bet my left nut we have a team specifically working the ranges on CVI...possibly even with direct access to the company judging by the activity around placements.

Might be time for Smyth to plug the leaks...or set in place mechanisms that would prevent the stock and shareholders being taken advantage of this way.

Easy answer...put all discounted placements on a voluntary escrow of 1-3 months. This would instantly address the perception in the market that placements are being fed directly into back into the market!

Surely "long term shareholders" who have "not been selling" their placements would not object to such an imposition?

I think the issue in the market effecting sentiment here is not the placements themselves, but the nature of the effect on the psychology of the market, which in my view can be easily fixed!

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.