ZIP 2.37% $1.65 zip co limited..

Gamestop announcement

1. 5,518 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1391
    I've said it a few times now but Gamestop offering Quadpay right before the new generation gaming consoles come out is a stroke of genius. The consoles and games are expensive and a payment plan would be widely appreciated.

This morning my optimism has waned somewhat due to Gamestop's latest announcement:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2542/2542553-37906900d802bb55d53ef97cc85e492e.jpg

Gamestop customers will be able to get the xbox and a huge amount of games by paying a monthly flat fee over 24 months. I'd expect this alternative to resonate much more with customers due to the much lower monthly fees, the access to online gaming and games as well as the fact the option is offered by Microsoft and not Quadpay a company they may know nothing about.

I'm disappointed because I think payment plans will be huge for these consoles and to drive brand recognition but imo this will be far less impactful after this announcement.

The one positive I will add is that more people buy playstations which don't currently offer a payment plan (as far as I know).

If other investors placed a lot of importance on the Gamestop partnership (as I have) we should see Z1P materially underperform other BNPL peers today. It should be an interesting test.

Yesterday Z1P outperformed peers, in my opinion due to similarwebs web traffic numbers that shower a large increase for Quadpay in September, while all other peers showed flat or declined.

As always AIMO. People feeling hateful reading negative comments about Z1P please just chuck me on ignore. I write objectively about the company, which includes both positives and negatives.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.65
Change
-0.040(2.37%)
Mkt cap ! $1.847B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.66 $1.66 $1.60 $22.53M 13.78M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
27 84564 $1.65

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.65 247511 33
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.50pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.