KZA 0.00% 8.0¢ kazia therapeutics limited

GameStop short sellers are still not surrendering despite nearly $20 billion in losses this month, page-27

1. 2,795 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1723
    Cantrixil is not being pushed that’s for sure and I don’t know why not, even Yale started a joint venture we later unwound it had so much potential - having thrown their complete library of cancer lines at it and were astounded by the results in hybrid mouse models.

I’m hoping that it’s because we are pushing all in on Paxalisib for now and that Cantrixil will get the attention it rightly deserves - Cantrixil was the lead compound and with Anisina and trillexium - drew in 50 million of investors money in the 2015 raise as well as other raises before that year... it’s a pretty remarkable compound that would make any other company as we see oVer Yonda.

Our SP is well undervalued and at minimum we should be a 500+ mill MC with the existing 7 studies on Pax alone and at this pending news stage and with Cantrixil on top

pushing harder on Cantrixil would provide another reason to be talking up the whole Kazia business and we all know that as much news as there is coming out on Pax - the presentations although they evolve over time with new data etc are largely the same with an update since SNO Nov 2019... my guess is strategically they do not want to show a split focus which is probably prudent if cash strapped... we were, but not so much now.

having said this we don’t know what we don’t know regarding what else is under discussion...

I do think management has done a great job in cleaning up old Novogen restructuring, refocusing, rebranding, bringing in pax, setting up all the partnerships cleaning up the registry, DiPG possible priority review voucher, orphan drug designations, GBM agile start, etc etc and I do think they are very concerned for the SP as they know the value we have and what is fair value for our comp MC and our assets as well - I don’t think we will be sold short in any negotiation / I think it’s in the boardroom and deals and partnerships is where we show strength.

however and without putting words in the mouths of others I’m sure James himself would completely agree retail and the SP is lagging - that’s the cold hard truth it clearly is, but it’s better this last year than it’s been previously and it feels tempered for a jump on news even now - hopefully a confluence of news events will deliver multiple news releases in the right combination for true reflection of the value created in our SP through and all the hard work of the team last few years and the solid support of shareholders throughout this journey be properly recognised on this important measure.

we do have the goods in my opinion and as James has clearly stated the drug works although we are lagging in SP value and probably could do a better job of selling I don’t believe our management team will sell this product short in any partnership Just to get a deal done - in-fact the presentation clearly shows the values of deals in this space which sets expectations for drugs in phase 3 in terms of billions of dollars if anything the fact a deal has not already been done shows we will not be sold short and meanwhile we continue progressing all these studies... each adding some value each week.

and due to our multiple concurrent trials we may find ourselves relatively quickly approved in a second condition so if not partnered by then the proposition and our position gets stronger and stronger.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.