KZA 0.00% 8.0¢ kazia therapeutics limited

GameStop short sellers are still not surrendering despite nearly $20 billion in losses this month, page-30

1. 5,668 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1742
    From how I read what you are saying your frustrations and concerns boil down to a few points:

1. The potential of Cantrixil. The company has stated that they are seeking a partner to take it on to realise its potential. From the very moment Novegen licensed in GDC-0084 it was evident that we did not have the capacity and would most likely not be able to muster the resources to progress both simultaneously. Kazia is a one trick pony. I hope Kazia do find a partner for it soon and do a good deal.

2. Concern that Kazia will sell Paxalisib too low. As someone pointed out above @rikki the company has published its expectations of what it is likely to be worth vis-a-vis other similar deals. It's a valid concern, one that I have expressed here in the past. I don't know if such a deal has to come before the shareholders? As a shareholder, you just have to either have faith that the management are capable of putting together a deal or you have to agitate and vote to replace the management or lobby the current management directly.

3. The current share price vastly undervalues the vast potential of Paxsalisib as an oncology drug. Yes, yes and yes. You are not going to get any arguments from those of us here who have high hopes for our investment in KZA.

I just don't worry about the share price. Eventually the market will work it out. The next leg up will take us over $2 and we may not be that far away looking at the chart. The stock price has trippled in what, 18 months or so? My average buy price is $0.42. As @harvett pointed out above, Paul Hopper et. al gave us all a great opportunity to load up in the 30s a couple of years ago.

I really enjoy all the gems you uncover in your research and share here. These insights are very valuable for investors and potential investors.

I'm very bullish on KZA. It is the largest holding in my portfolio because of a) the fact that it has tripled in value over the past 18 months, and b) I'm optimistic over the prospects of the company and our lead drug.

The market will do what the market will do regarding the share price in the mean time. The only thing we can do as small investors is take advantage of the twists and turns the market throws at us. I was trading this stock heavily to accumulate when it was range bound between the 30s and 50s. If we hold above $1 before the next leg up I reckon we are doing well from a charting perspective.

Remember, we are still a couple of years away from any approval for Paxsalisib. Over the past eighteen months or so the share price has re-rated significantly after release of positive news, despite the questionable timing of capital raises and I can't see why it won't continue to do so this year with so much news expected to flow from trials.

I have a few ASX oncology drug discovery speckies in the portfolio and their price direction does align with sector sentiment and general market risk on/off sentiment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.