LYC 0.33% $6.07 lynas rare earths limited

Gang of Three..., page-43

1. 7,397 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 498

You did not say a word about what Ithink is my most important point.    If they can find a way to dispose of the current waste.    Waste that will double in the next 3 years.   Then they have solved the waste problem.    Why then go to the time and expense of moving.   Do you not think they will have problems no matter where they go. 

First let me clearly say currentproblems in Malaysia are some of the worse I have seen.    There will be many problems no matter where  they go, Probably  less than at current site but there will be problems   Did you look at the Bill Gates that I sent you? Here is clean nuclear power which is easily 10 X safer that current Pressurized water enrich uranium reactors.   There is enough Depleted Uranium stored in Podunk Kentucky to meet all the worlds’ electric needs for over 200 years. This  is left over from US bomb making.   These reactors can also use Thorium for fuel.     To keep these reactors running takes very careful management of the traveling wave reaction.   What makes them so safe is any loss of control and the reaction ceases.  This is opposite of enrich uranium which you have to work at shutting down.    Liquid metal or salt not under pressure cools with loss of control,  Almost entirely eliminating melt down.    

I do not think you ever ownedMCP.  They had many problems with people.    They needed to build  a NG pipeline to plant for energy.  From trunk line to plant was just under 10 miles.    A bunch of people stopped the pipe line because this was the habitat of the Desert Tortoise.  MCP had to build a turtle research and rescue center and fund it before they could start the pipe line.  A little over two year delay.    Because Plant and mine were on same site disposal was never a big problem but there were many others. 

It is not only Rare earthprojects.   There is no major Walmart’s anywhere near my home.  Nearest one is in NH.    A very small one in an old store that went BK.    They have used everything to stop Walmart including traffic patterns Salamander breeding grounds Turtle habitat.  The people in my area think they are two good to have a Walmart.     I disagree.  

My only point is everything hasproblems.   To expect any large refinery can move anywhere without opposition is just dreaming.   It may be allot less than Malaysia but it will happen and cause problems.   To think otherwise will just lead to problems. 

Rember several years ago when you toldme a university near you had a coating for aircraft  that prevented icing.  I cannot rember if it used Ce or La maybe both.    The stock was at $1.00 than pre-split. You assured me that this would cause stock to go to $5.00, $50.00 Today.     I checked with my friend in FAA 12/12  they have received no application from any company for testing yet. 

You have yet to provide any idea ofwhat impact you think this will have on long term Profits and cash flow.    You provide no time line except 7 years please break that up into times for each major activity.     No guess as to cost and what state this leaves Lynas in when done.  This reminds me of the aircraft coating.  Lots of potential but not much thought.

You and AUS  visited the plant.  When you saw the size of waste piles, did you ask how fast they were growing,  what was the long term plan.   Or did you just listen to how safe they were and not think of any other problems that might be associated with them.   When I saw Chem,s google photos I did not see a problem. When I saw Lynas’s ground and drone photos I saw there was a problem, till then I did not appreciate the volume of the waste.  First thing I did is sit down and calculated waste /  year, see Post #: 36778609.   When you visited plant did you even think about this?  Why did you not mention it?  

You have been hurt by Malaysia you noware leaning toward the flight half of the Fight or Flight. Others seem to wantto fight.  It is only when people recognize these basic emotions and subdue them and say let’s work this out that Lynas will be successful.     One of the most disappointing things for me is AL was firmly in the,  we will work it out corner in May and June.  She seems to be moving into the fight mode.    There is no room for emotion and favorites in investing.   Remember when I told you that NC was snowing us   and I was out if he did it 2 more Qs.   He did, I was out at $1.4x presplit $14.xx today.   You just kept on believing.      

Show me how your plan can beimplemented in 7 or even 10 years.   Give a guess as to cost.  Then tell me it is a good plan.   Not just a dream of all problems going away.    Personally I feel if they try to move,  all current stock holders will be hurt badly.     I am no longer sure my idea of moving just C&L which I proposed to you many months ago will even work.  I have noticed several others have picked up on it. 

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.07
Change
0.020(0.33%)
Mkt cap ! $5.673B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.08 $6.09 $6.02 $35.62M 5.828M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 298927 $6.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 30108 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.