It is disgracefull that a political party , that made political...

1. 1,850 Posts.
    It is disgracefull that a political party , that made political capital out of the Indigenous people carries on the way they do , but thats the ALP for you it's all about them . the full story is in the oz..here's a section .

NOEL Pearson has accused Labor of "cynical" political tactics for commissioning a parliamentary inquiry into Queensland's wild rivers laws.

The Cape York indigenous leader expressed frustration at Labor's House of Representatives committee inquiry into the state legislation, which aims to protect wild rivers in Queensland's north.

?Jenny Macklin (Indigenous Affairs Minister) rang me yesterday and told me of their intention and I said `Jenny this sounds to me like you're putting this off to the never never',? Mr Pearson told ABC radio.

The committee, which is due to report in March, follows an earlier Senate inquiry into the Wild Rivers Act, which some indigenous groups say will restrict economic opportunities in the region.

Tony Abbott plans a private member's bill to try to overturn the legislation.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.