GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Hi there ProphetIn answering your question I'll try and me...

1. 4,659 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Hi there Prophet

In answering your question I'll try and me unemotional & pragmatic.

gann made comments yesterday that the Gold price trend was down on the back of a one day drop of $10, and he wasn't particulalry diplomatic about it.

There was, in my mind, a certain conceitedness about how he put forward the viewpoint i.e. that he is right unequivocally and absolutely.

To then mention that a clear TREND was obvious and that this "trend" was down was quite dumb - and I am not being emotional in stating that.

It really was a dumb comment.

But that doesn't mean I think the guy is dumb - just that particular comment (when clearly Gold has been trending uop for over 3 years)

ANd now we have, lo and behold, a very strong $14 rise in POG overnight...so where does that leave the situation?

Well...it tells me that there is a fair degree of volatility afoot.

So, it was simply unwise to post such a strong conceited view when in the space of 24 hours it blows up in your face. From my perspective, I think a little more discretion is called for when posting a point of view. If gann was to post his "winners" with a little more grace & dignity, and accept his "losers" with a little more dignity (and grace again), then I am sure the attacks on him would not generate such passionat reactions.

Like he said...he uses hotcopper to learn....but gann...if you are reading this here is a suggestion:

"You catch more flies with honey than vinegar"

And that goes for all of us, myself included.

Coop

PS: I am still a gold bull

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.