OAU 9.09% 0.5¢ ora gold limited

Garden Gully - Gilbey

1. 2,272 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 263
    THX Management have mentioned the similarities in the Geology of Gascoyne Resources - Gilbey deposit to the of of the Garden Gully claims.

Firstly THX has distinguished two different Geological settings in their claim area.

The most southerly claims Granite Well is west of the Transylvania to Lydia - Crown Price line of old gold mine workings.

Granite Well and Nth Granite Well claims abut and lie on strike to Westgold (MLX) Sabbath claim. They have similar geology to that of the existing mines in Meeka. Granite Well is parallel to the Abernethy shear/mylonitic zone, which is considered to mark the tectonic contact between these two distinct Archaen Mettamorphic blocks.

Notably in the report on GraniteWell they say the Geology lacks the black shales present in the western claims ie Trans - Lydia, some 12 kms between both.

So what does it all mean to us lay people. In my mind THX have two different Geological settings, this in itself is important by the fact that previously explorers were under the impression that the setting was the same as the southern Meeka Mines. No one looked further than about 40 m below old workings.

Along comes THX. Their Geologist had the foresight to ask the question what is and where did the intrusions come from, which prompted him to drill deeper, revealing strong conductors sitting at depth under the old workings which were only mined in the depletion zone.

When I compared the geology of Gilbey and GG I found similar rock formations ie Quartz Porhry, shale, basalts and schists. A difference not found was that GG gold is found with arsenopytite this being found at Lydia, the new Crown Prince, Crown, Battey and Transylvania. No mention of arsenopyrite was found in any of Golbeys announcements.

So the question of are they similar - we should know the answer shortly. The diamond drilling of the conductors being done at present by THX should tell the tale.

The new drilling results from Lydia will be very interesting.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
-0.001(9.09%)
Mkt cap ! $35.70M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.5¢ $35.23K 7.045M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
71 78006698 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 975364 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.35pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.