GBI 0.00% 16.0¢ genera biosystems limited

Excellent posts guys, as usual.I hate to post something negative...

1. TTH
    1,255 Posts.
    Excellent posts guys, as usual.

I hate to post something negative (towards the company's prospects), although in most ways it is clearly a positive:

I (hopefully) disagree with Deca's assertion that:

>>>
    "Cervical Cancer is firmly with us for the next 30 to 40 years (however declining overtime) and demand for HPV testing can only increase significantly from current levels."
    <<<

Hopefully not. I agree with the statement in terms of the effect that Gardisal will have, but hopefully cancer in its many forms will have cures found for each type, well before then. There are so many new angles being approached, that hopefully someone will find either a magic-bullet cure for cancers in general or at least many people finding an appropriate cure for most if not all of the various types.

On this basis, I'm investing in PLT and GBI for their benefits in the short-term. PLT probably for 5 to 10 years (possibly longer), as their technology is mainly just for cervical cancer. GBI's technologies can stretch to many other areas, not just cancer, so GBI would be a much longer span, but not indefinate (unless they get to be one of the major players in a Gattaga-like world were everything is DNA sampled on-demand / real-time).

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.