garrett worries conservatives, page-39

1. 7,334 Posts.
    re: previously a candidate for the nuclear disarma perhaps he feels like i do.Ripped off by the cosy state/federal "i know nothing" mantra.
    let me explain.
    It is irrelevant who is in power federally/state wise--its in the interests of these pollies to keep this most inefficient system going.
    australia is the most overgoverned country in the world.
    California--one state--has 52 million people
    When problems in health/education etc etc arise(daily??) its in the interests of state and fed pollies to have in place a system whereby the voters can never be sure who is responsible-state /feds
    now this suits the major parties in their main/SOLE aim of 2 terms and on the gravy train (i.e super)
    of course poliies are aided in this by the subservient/fearful nature of aussies, re demand for constitutional change to get these little roosters(states) out and have a 2 tier system.
    how NAIVE to think we live in a democracy
    harridine, whose vote ensured we suffer a gst was elected with only ~25000 votes-the bare minimun for tassie.in nsw its closer to 600000 votes to be elected.
    And i thought democracy was 1 person=i vote.
    When u feel u are getting ripped off by directors in the coys. u hold---its nothing compared to the sweetheart arrangement re state/fed.
    Want to scare a pollie?
    Ask it why we don't have cir's(citizens initated referendum) in aus, but most of the more enlightened countries do
    you are being had--big time

so i don't vote either, but spend my energy working for a democratic austraila

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.