HDR hardman resources limited

Gas and Oil Traps, page-15

1. 247 Posts.
    Hi Ching,

Hard to explain without pictures, but I'll give it a go.

1. The reservoir sands appear to be above the Mid-Miocene unconformity ( the squiggly line in Fusion's geological cross section). Note that the sand (dotted zone above the unconformits) is interpreted to be missing (eroded) in an earlier well MTO-3 that had gas shows in the shallower reservoir. That would suggest the (part) stratigraphic nature of the trap.

2. Moving west, there is another anticline between the Banda well and Chinguetti. I presume that it was partly to cover this feature that the later 3D seismic survey was acquired. We have heard stories that this "blew the minds of the WPL geoscientists. What they saw as a DHI was probably the gas bearing part of the structure. The interesting question is whether the crest of this small anticline also has a DHI.

3. The next well on Chinguetti is apparently designed to intersect the elusive oil/water contact. According to both Fusion's and WPL maps, it is very near the interpreted spill point.

4. If Chinguetti is filled to spill, then it is likely that the small anticline referred to in 2 above is also oil bearing; ie it was filled by oil spilling from Chinguetti on the way to Banda. Note the arrow on Fusions map pointing to Banda (not to a separate feature east of Banda). I know that it is drawing a long bow, but this suggests to me that Banda occupies most of the area south of MTO-3 between the two converging faults seen on the old prospects map.

5. My estimates are that a 23m column of oil is conservatively equivalent to 4 million barrels per square kilometer. Multiply that by whatever area of field that you speculate to get a guesstimate of reserves.

ABOVE ALL, please note that these are speculations bordering on dreams - I wish I had more information to make a better assessment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.