MEL 0.00% 0.5¢ metgasco ltd

gas and wind: the solution

1. 4,234 Posts.
    [maybe it possible for a standalone post?...to slow to catch it before it closed..moderation is inevitable isnt it dex?]

keries,

a debate on which is quieter is not the point. In order to deliver a lower and lower carbon economy, it will be absolutely necessary for both forms of energy.

Clearly wind is the better option for lowering CO2 emissions. If you would like to have a discussion on the asynchronous, synchronous, blade design, stall angles, peak rating, cut in speed, surface roughness indices, tip speed ratios, islanding effects, market penetration and payback periods of wind installations, then I would be more than happy to on another forum.

Unfortunately wind alone doesnt cut it.

I would be more than satisified with my investment in gas, even if the Australian economy switched to a 100% renewable option. It is a fact that people value the plate on their table more than being green, and it would not be long in such an economic environment until Australia reverted back to a reasonable approach to moving towards de-carbonising the economy. And that involves gas. Gas. and more gas.

Australia's transition to renewables CANNOT occur in isolation to the global markets, and my investment in gas is secured and justified by the lack of global progress in setting emissions targets, even as much as we should.

FWIW Gillard setting a $/tonne of CO2 tax and then abandoning it has damaged the gas industry, as much as it has the renewables. The good news is that there is substantial upside for gas market (and renewables) as the $/tonne price rises, it is simply too small at the moment.

Anyone vouching for a higher carbon tax will only be helping to create and establish an even more robust gas industry. So please cheer for it. Seriously.

One tonne of CO2 gas produced in Australia results in two tonnes coal produced in China. It is all the same air we breathe and the moral conscience of our broad society must recognise and value this fact.

Anyway, we are right off topic right now. What I am more intrested in is what is the ex-santos drilling/production guru going to do for MEL's pilots in order to enhance the productivity of the coals. Otherwise, why the heck is the company spending our money on this activity. Clearly a yet to be convinced shareholder!!!!!

Cheers,

SF

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $7.237M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
20 13664897 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 3626406 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.