ECU 3.85% 25.0¢ eastern corporation limited

gas can smell lovely when it's flowing, page-35

1. 1,978 Posts.
    re: for jj-gold fundamentals/cbm gas You hit the nail on the head JJ -suppy and demand -that is what I have been trying to tell that other moron all along. But I don't agree with your comments -as so many people do comment -that gold is a worthless, useless commodity. That is patently wrong. Your mobile phone and a lot of other electronic components would not work as well without gold. You could say tantalum is also fairly worthless -as a huge part of that industry now depends on electronics. The uses to which gold is being put are increasing-not declining -and it will probably be 700-800 tonnes in 20 years time -so it is a wonderful metal that can do things no other metal can accomplish. One fundamental. Now in terms of jewellery - if an Indian woman goes to bed at night feeling much better because she has all her gold rings on her finger and feels safe and secure -is that so much different to some old tart who smokes cigarettes constantly to achieve the same state of mind or some neurotic female who has to swallow packets and packets of valium. We don't need the latter any more than gold -or fatty hamburgers - or weapons manufacturers - you name it the world produces a lot more useless commodities for our well being than gold.

As you correctly pointed out the fundamentals are subjective -but it is NOT purely investor sentiment. Certainly it is traded like any other commodity -but in the final analysis it is an industry like any other industry and has very permanent FUNDAMENTALS.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.