CTP 0.00% 6.7¢ central petroleum limited

The government and fossil fuel industry is having a Kodak moment...

1. 134 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 105
    The government and fossil fuel industry is having a Kodak moment and are driving themselves to oblivion.

IMO, gas will be competitive if and only if it’s low cost. Otherwise it will simply price itself out of the market.

Anyone who believes gas is a transition fuel and basing their future on this is kidding themselves. Leon is one of them. I mean no disrespect, I simply think it’s naive and not a good strategy.

The very fact it’s referred to as a transition fuel confirms it’s a dead end.

I’ve stated many times renewable energy technologies is improving in leaps and bounds, relatively speaking. My personal interest is in solar and no one thought solar would be so cheap and hitting 20% plus efficiencies. Just a few percentage point and it will be game over.

I don’t believe though in renewable is they only way to go. I have nothing against fossil fuel per se. I got into CTP because I wanted cheaper prices in the domestic market, not more expensive. I don’t want to get ‘rich’ while some pensioner can’t afford to keep warm in winter.

I want to see low gas prices, compete with renewable and still turn a profit. Am I asking too much? Do CTP truly understand and accept the headwinds and doing all they can? I’d like to think so but so far I haven’t seen the evidence.

Consider this...
    My instant gas heater and cook top are nearing their EOL...

I have more solar than I need, in 5-10yrs time, I will also have an electric car, and battery storage. Want I won’t have a need for anymore is gas heating or cooking...

In less than 10 years I would have transitioned away from gas, and there will be thousands like me...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $49.59M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 22827 6.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.8¢ 20000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.02am 21/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.8¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.49 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.8¢ 6.9¢ 6.8¢ 64540
Last updated 10.18am 21/05/2024 ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.