PEN 4.76% 10.0¢ peninsula energy limited

Hang"Firstly there is NO FACCING associated with ISR."The first...

1. 787 Posts.
    Hang

"Firstly there is NO FACCING associated with ISR."

The first line of my post points out that the article relates to gas, and yes I am quite aware that there is NO Fraccing in ISR.

"Secondly the DWDW's are in an aquifer well below any drinking water source as required by federal EPA requirements. It is an aquifer that is both brackish and has been used by mines for disposal for many years."

Did you read the whole article Hang?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The EPA dug two deep monitoring wells into the aquifer and found “compounds likely associated with gas-production practices, including hydraulic fracturing,” according to today’s statement. Levels of the chemicals in the deep wells are “well above” acceptable standards under the Safe Drinking Water Act, the agency said.

Fracking chemicals may have entered the aquifer through faulty well construction, gaps in impermeable rock or fractures created during drilling, the EPA said.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Please read the above paragraph from the article Hang.

It's not the bottom of the well they are worried about, it's fracturing of the well anywhere from surface to the bottom of the well . . . . . that can clearly happen above the potable water supply, with resulting pollution of the drinking water.

SwissB

2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.0¢
Change
-0.005(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $318.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.0¢ 10.5¢ 9.8¢ $1.946M 19.47M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 131212 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 2355724 29
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.