MPO 0.00% 14.0¢ molopo energy limited

Still plenty of news to come in this sector.The climate change...

1. 241 Posts.
    Still plenty of news to come in this sector.The climate change debate will be the main topic up for discussion at Big Kevs 2020 this WE.
    Last nights 7.30 report had Martin Ferguson energy minister trying to talk up clean coal as an alternative and the hundreds of millions that the govt will throw at it along with programmes for renewables such as solar and wind which all have there setbacks ...Coal how do you capture the co2 and store it (possibly 4 decades away if you can make it happen)..solar ,how do you store it and wind which is a good idea but on a grand scale incomprehensible.Good to see Martin finally mentioned natural gas..at last I thought Yes thats right here it is in abundance and it has half the co2 as coal they will catch on sooner than later I hope...
    Peak Oil: Gas Up as Oil Goes Down in Australia's Energy Economy

Australians are also ramping up their liquefied natural gas (LNG) output, giving them a line on an up-and-coming fossil fuel source that is increasingly in demand.

Though oil output is set to peak in '09, LNG production is locked in an amazing natural gas uptrend in Australia:

Australia natural gas production

Because the stuff is easier to transport and takes up less space than the traditional gaseous form, LNG is gaining popularity in big producers from Qatar to Canberra.

As for the consumption end, China is especially eager to lock in LNG supplies for its energy-intensive economy. Fortunately, Australia is just a hop, skip and jump away from some of the Middle Kingdom's most dense population centers.

Australia is already the world's #5 LNG exporter, and it also has the potential to take the global lead in another non-traditional fossil fuel sector—clean coal.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MPO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.