COE 0.00% 22.5¢ cooper energy limited

Maxwell hasn't "telegraphed market that COE wanted to cap raise...

1. 8,545 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2813
    Maxwell hasn't "telegraphed market that COE wanted to cap raise & buy APA's dud gas plant ".
    He was asked a question, and he responded that COE and APA were in discussions at to what will happen after Transition Agreement expires in May 2022.
    So anything could happen.
    I do understand that COE would be interested if Orbost was cheap enough.
    I would be very comfortable IF COE could buy the plant at a good price !!!
    Remember it cost APA about $450m to build.
    COE would simply not pay anywhere near that, I reckon.
    If COE wished to buy the Orbost at a good price, then I am certain that it would be very, very easy to get very inexpensive debt funding (even project funding) from a plethora of lenders - I say that because the COE could evidence cash flow from its 1st class Offtakes, its demonstrated production (yes because it is already at 55tjd as probably base case), COE can demonstrate confirm gas supply from Sole, and can probably evidence rising production to nameplate. Also probability of expansion of prod'n from Manta etc etc. Also remember no construction risk, no Govt risk, no transport risk etc). So even an Institution could/would fund this completed piece of infrastructure.
    An easy deal IMHO.
    With majority of purchase price from debt funding (at these current cheap rates)- then COE would only need to do a minimal CR. Lenders always like some equity in the deal.

Absolutely guarantee that COE has the depth of experience to crunch the numbers, and ensure that any purchase of Orbost would be a good deal for COE. Remember, it was APA (not COE) which was responsible for the Orbost poor start.
    COE has demonstrated it can undertake capital works at Athena, and also operate the production facilities.

Re LNG production in current climate, the LNG plants in Qld will be keen to supply international mkts, rather than domestic mkts. So any gas produced by COE will readily find a mkt on East Coast.
    The Aust govt will be keen to get brownie points by supplying LNG cargoes to European countries.

All just IMHO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $594.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.5¢ 22.5¢ 22.0¢ $593.7K 2.672M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 290435 21.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.5¢ 205975 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
COE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.