MAE 0.00% 0.0¢ marion energy limited

gas prices on the up-with great timing

1. 2,163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 105
    Rocky Mountains gas prices for the w/e last wednesday(13/5) rose 24% to just under $4. The Henry Hub price rose 36% to $4.42 in the same period. EIA (US dept. of Energy) have just released their forecasts for the rest of 2009 and all of 2010. They think the HH average price for( all of )2009 will be $ 4.06 and for( all of) 2010 will average $5.21.These increases and predictions could hardly have come at a better time for Mae - its easy for people (like me) to say that whether the current gas price is $3 or $13 industry negotiators on both sides of the table will use a 15-year price expection when valuing a gas field and that they wont stray far from a $5 to $6 band but I would not want to go into negotiations for Mae with a rubbish current price in the newspapers for all to see. And for EIAs longer term prediction to be a dollar above the recently-much- improved current price would stop any cheeky buyers trying to get the jump on me across the table. Few will bet against EIA in the gas world.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.