MMR 0.00% 0.4¢ mec resources limited

gas projects in the news

1. 3,971 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 185
    Its nice to see that gas projects are still newsworthy at least in W.A and Queensland.

With around AUD $142 B looking for suitable projects, some enterprising company from NSW could step up to the plate. Just a thought!

Aluminium producer Alcoa waiting for enough gas to revive expansion plans

March 22, 2010 12:00AM

AUSTRALIA is attracting more than $US130 billion ($142bn) worth of investment in some of the world's richest natural gas fields to supply buyers in Japan and China.

Link to full article: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/aluminium-producer-alcoa-waiting-for-enough-gas-to-revive-expansion-plans/story-e6frg8zx-1225843474791

I personally think that our politicians are jumping the gun by telling the world how smart they are by having the GFC miss us completely.

Financial stimulus by way of: No Australian family shall be without a Chinese manufactured flat screen TV are not in my opinion a good use of the money stolen from those few Australians that are so heavily taxed for their industrious efforts!

No matter how the fools in Canberra wish to portray the situation there is no getting around the fact that the drop in income taxation into the ATO indicates a very real loss of between 250,000 and 500,000 Australian jobs since mid 2008!

A qualified chemist or engineer flipping burgers for four hours a week will not bring back our old much loved Australian standard of living. A standard slipping almost as fast as Kevin Rudds political reputation these days.

Given the wealth of rich resources Australia is endowed with and a population of educated hard working people I am at a total loss as to how we continually find the business of Australia being run by a management that are way beyond clueless!

The current bunch of clowns think that borrowing $200 billion is no big deal. Burdening future generations of Australians this way is just not wrong it is immoral!

I am confident that Australia will come out of this mess at some time in the future. But not until we are fortunate enough to elect a government or find a few individuals that are up to the job!

We will only know we have turned the corner in this horrible situation when we read news articles like this one:

Locally discovered natural gas being piped ashore at Newcastle has brought an influx of new industries and 10,000 new jobs.

It appears the money is out there for investment ($142 Bn.) We have an able and willing workforce now all we need are a few men and women with political vision beyond his or her own superannuation entitlements and we may have a chance.

Anything less and believe me we are only kidding ourselves. Your children can look forward to financial serfdom to the IMF or some similar body or working in the gardens of the newly arrived wealthy Chinese in their mansions on the Gold Coast!

Many thanks to forums like this one for the opportunity to get the weight of my chest.

At least by us investing in this type of company we can say we tried!

Good luck to all on board.

Respectfully: Andy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MMR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.