NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

gas shortage, page-20

1. 2,924 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 895
    Ian McFarland drew attention to the shortage of gas/energgy that was going to befall NSW in the 5 year period at the Sydney Oil and Gas Conference and that they would be in real trouble as a state unless they could get this CSG environmental/Landowner business sorted out.
    There has been little mention of it in the media until this morning on inside business and it was again, very briefly, mentioned by Origin Energy's CEO (I think). He also mentioned the dilemma being created by the changes to the Carbon Tax.
    Investment in the construction of New Base Load power stations in the Eastern States is not being planned at the moment because of the uncertainty of the carbon tax.
    Up to a Carbon price of $30 per Tonne, Generators would not consider building anything other than Coal fired power stations. It also takes 7 years to design and construct a new Gas fired Power Station.
    This indecision may cause shortages in base load power into the future.

The Minerals and Energy Minister from WA highlighted that WA are predicting a shortage of Energy.
    In my opinion if we can prove the HCSS gas flow is sustainable then we will .........

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.