ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

gas today speaks to martin ferguson, page-3

1. 16,280 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 402
    mattocks

Thanks ... that's a very good article and very sensible comments from Ferguson. I commented the other day that with Ferguson attending every sod turing and agreement signing that i can't see the government turning around and slowing down the CSG industry in any way. Ferguson is focussed on delivering! These comments are VERY encouraging:

"We also have key investment decisions in the pipeline on Ichthys, Browse, additional east coast investments on LNG and potentially the first-ever floating LNG project with Prelude. One of our priorities is ensuring these projects are delivered on time and on budget."
    .... "We are also working on securing final investment decisions for these major projects .."

That's encouraging when the minister says he/we are working towards FID on projects!! ORG's project being talked about I would think.

"On the role of LNG in a carbon constrained economy? In November 2009, a package agreed between then Prime Minister Kevin Rudd and Leader of the Opposition Malcolm Turnbull settled an appropriate framework to consider energy-intensive trade-exposed industries, and the LNG sector was part of that negotiated outcome. Clearly we understand the importance of that sector, not only from an export point of view but in the global clean energy strategy. Natural gas emits approximately 55 per cent less carbon dioxide equivalent emissions per megawatt hour than coal-fired generation and it also uses substantially less water. An example of that is Australia?s newest combined-cycle gas-fired power station built by Origin in Queensland, which requires about 3 per cent of the water used by a conventional coal-fired power station.

One tonne of CO2 produced in production of LNG in Australia saves four tonnes of CO2 emissions in China compared to the use of a coal-fired power station. That speaks for itself."

He's clearly onside and can see the benefits of gas-fired power both here and for our customers.

This is music to my ears (on gaslands):

"We?ll attend to Australia?s environmental requirements. In the same way as we are held up internationally on oil and gas regulation as being best-practice, I think we know how to get our regulatory environment right without being told what to do by some US film, which is questionable as to its accuracy."

And he sees a big future for gas powered vehicles particularly heavy vehicles.

Its all good news ... and we need some of that don't we DC!!

H

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.