ACN 0.00% 28.5¢ acer energy limited

gas, page-6

1. 16,928 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 304
    Hi BG, are you holding it ? I was thinking in enter but have bigger priorities now on another stock..... It looks interesting to me.....cheers

Yarrow North-1 flows gas, not oil, on DST: Innamincka

Thursday, 20 March 2008

INNAMINCKA Petroleum has recorded a small gas flow from its Yarrow North-1 well in Cooper Basin permit PEL 103 as drilling continues towards a total depth of 2770 metres.

In an operational update today, the company said it stopped drilling the well at a depth of 2735 metres to undertake a drill stem test in the basal Patchawarra/Tirrawarra section, after encountering strong gas shows with associated minor oil/fluorescence.

“The DST produced a small gas flow to surface after 33 minutes, which continued until the isolating packer seat gas way after 99 minutes and concluded the test,” Innamincka said.

“A more detailed evaluation will be undertaken in conjunction with the wireline log analysis at the conclusion of the well.”

The Yarrow North-1 well is part of a plan to test a large accumulation potentially encompassing the Yanpurra and Flax-Juniper oil discoveries.

Spudded a fortnight ago, the well is exploring for an oil accumulation in a fault trap north of the Yarrow gas field and west of the Yanpurra-1 well, which was drilled in 1970 and recovered oil on test from the Tirrawarra Sandstone.

Innamincka said the well also had larger implications for PEL 103.

“Apart from the local trap, Yarrow North-1 may have greater significance as a step in the testing for a large combined accumulation encompassing the Yanpurra and Flax-Juniper accumulations,” the company said.

http://www.petroleumnews.net

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ACN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.