Pointless focusing on the past, just fuels the us and them...

1. 1,073 Posts.
    Pointless focusing on the past, just fuels the us and them mentality. Without getting emotive or letting preferences cloud judgements we really have to change what we're doing cos its clearly not working. ie the legal system isnt a crime deterrent at all. Just one example of many, but surely the Australian ppl can come to a general logical consensus on what to do giving equal weight to the think tanks,academics,law enforcement and the general population. I would of thought at the very least its a easy vote grab by the pollies to implement harsher penalties or even try something completely different. Though id like to see a better productive outlet for ppl to express views other than sensationalized extreme views on talk back radio, letters to the editor, forums etc.

I dont proclaim to have all the answers but surely we could get something like a issue like crime right? where the majority would at least agree. I guess the issue/idea gets more complicated with issues like tax breaks, middle class welfare etc etc Where a great chuck of the population would be biased/acting in self interest.

Maybe im way of track and someone else has a better idea, but isnt this more productive discussion than comparing howard/rudd/whoever?

Peace

Karl

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.