"QuestionWhy dont we allow girls in this country to get married...

1. 1,858 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24
    "Question
    Why dont we allow girls in this country to get married and have sex ?
    Why not ?"

They cannot financially support the baby and they are unlikely to be emotionally and intellectually mature enough to care for it properly and also to pick a suitable partner. Just because a girl is young enough to have children doesn't mean she should get married or have sex. In those countries many children are a necessity as they don't have sufficent capital for a small family to survive thus you want your daughters producing sons as soon as possible.

I personally am not main stream as I support small government as well as social freedoms (Like a green libertarian if green also means lefty social policy and government only stepping into severe market failings such as the enviroment) however the support of this issue is mainstream as otherwise Labor wouldn't touch it with a barge poll. Think its safe to say most people don't give a damn however.

I'd prefer to see it pegged on to a referendum in 10 to 20 years so it doesn't come into being in a political hurricane.

And Pete222 marriage my help reduce the danger posed by that issue for that community. Civil unions are alot less solid than full on marriage so your less likely to leave your partner reducing the spread of various STIs. Not to mention if marriage become normal in this community more people may look long term. However that is just an assumption.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.