Like it or not, 'marriage' is and always has been about unions...

1. 1,261 Posts.
    Like it or not, 'marriage' is and always has been about unions between women and men. Both church and the state have a role to play in the consecration and registration of such unions. Marriage has been around for many years and for many (not all) is the first step in the creation of a family. Obviously family compositions come in all shapes these days but it does not alter my previous comment. Last time I checked it still took a man and a woman to procreate and ensure the survival of the human race.

I'm all for legally recognised gay unions etc, have equal rights to each other's super and all the rest of it but why be gay and strive to live as heteros?

Equal human rights for sure as should be the case with all people, not only gays. I'm a prgressive person but this is just invasive. Almost as bad as hearing 'Happy holidays' more and more each christmas as opposed to 'Happy christmas.'

And Bob Brown should realise that the only reason his bunch of clowns scored so heavily is that most tradtional hard-core laborites could not brind themselves to vote for the good guys.

Three rules in politics, 1. Survival 2. Survival 3. Survival. That is all they care about and if I were an independent I know I would be signing up with the coalition because 3 more years of Labor misery would see you dumped.

Could you imagine Julia telling you everything will be alright and we'll look after you if you stick with us? ROFLMAO.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.