Trend,I am in total agreement with you. In fact it reads very...

1. 325 Posts.
    Trend,
    I am in total agreement with you. In fact it reads very much like a post that I had been thinking of putting up myself. Had a discussion with someone the other day about this and he described marriage as a symbol, therefore he had no problem with the use of the term marriage by same sex couples. I on the other hand do, To us marriage is more than just a symbol, it is a a statement of our committment to the family unit. I am quite happy for same sex couples to form a legal union, partnership, call it what you will. But a marriage, no! I in fact wonder why they need to use the term at all, if it is for legal purposes for when they split up or a partner dies, then fair enough. But if it is to make them feel more accepted or normal, then I am afraid it is they who still harbour the inferiority complex. I am not saying that same sex is abnormal or wrong, but it is by no means the norm and we who do not practice it, should have to accept this as a fact. I suspect that the governments of the day do not relish changing the current laws as they stand due to the incredible amount of further legislation that will be required. As an aside (and someone has already mentioned it), if we as a society are to fully recognise same sex couples as equals (or more than equals maybe?), then what about Polygamy? Or even adult incestous relationships? Now before I get howled down or attacked for sidetrackiing the argument, let me just use Adam Brandts term " It is all about love!".
    May you live in interesting times.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.