gaza, now this is serious, page-82

1. 5,428 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    finicky,

I've made my position as clear as I can quite a few times and it's there in my last post as well. "I personally do support Israel but as a secular state within defined and internationally accepted borders." I see Israel's current invasion of Gaza as being counterproductive to her long term interests. I am not alone. There are many supporters of Israel who oppose the current tragedy in Gaza.

A direct comparison between Israel and the Third Reich is something I reject because such a comparison only serves to fuel anger and bitterness. The inference I was trying to establish is that claiming a regime will last 600 years or longer has some ugly precedents.

I follow your posts finicky, because I like your sensible caution and I respect your financial skills. I've observed you evaluating the merits or otherwise of an issue and making up your mind as you go. I don't call that bigoted.

As to Hamas, their rocket attacks on Israel are wrong at almost every level: Operationally wrong because they can't aim the things with any accuracy and they don't target military objectives. Strategically wrong because they have no achievable physical objectives and they increase tension and hatred. Politically wrong because they give Israel the excuse to attack them. Socially wrong because they damage, frighten, hurt and even kill. The difference between the wrong of Hamas and the wrong of Israel is that Israel has the capacity to do greater wrong by about five orders of magnitude.

I post My "humble fluff" on these threads because I want an end to the ongoing Gaza massacre. I want to see a Gaza where there is less misery and an Israel where there is more security. Israelis and Palestinians are brothers who have inherited the same land and are fighting over it. As brothers do unfortunately. The best the rest of us can do is to try and stop the fighting.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.