In the early 2nd century CE, the Roman province called Judaea...

1. 3,436 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    In the early 2nd century CE, the Roman province called Judaea was renamed Syria Palaestina[a] (literally, "Palestinian Syria"), and also incorporated some other, smaller, territories.[18][19] This may have occurred either before or after the suppression of the Bar Kokhba revolt in 135.[20][21][22][23]
    The English term "Palestine" itself is borrowed from Latin Palaestīna,[31] which is, in turn, borrowed from Ancient Greek Παλαιστῑ́νη, Palaistī́nē, used by Herodotus in the 5th century BCE.[11][32] Per Martin Noth, while the term in Greek likely originated from an Aramaic loanword, its Greek form showed clear derivation from παλαιστής, palaistês, the Greek noun meaning "wrestler/rival/adversary".[33] David Jacobson noted the significance of wrestlers in Greek culture, and further speculated that Palaistinê was meant as both a transliteration of the Greek word for "Philistia" and a direct translation of the Hebrew name "Israel" — as the traditional etymology of which also relates to wrestling, and in line with the Greek penchant for punning transliterations of foreign place names.[34][35]
    ...nothing to do with the arabs.
    Schultz, constantly encountering evidence that inmates of his stalag were actively conducting anti-German espionage and sabotage activities, frequently feigned ignorance with the catchphrase, "I see nothing! I hear nothing! I know nothing!" (or, more commonly as the series went on, "I know nothing, nothing!").
    There were 3 jewish revolts against Roman the consequences were such
    The Jewish–Roman wars had a dramatic impact on the Jews, turning them from a major population in the Eastern Mediterranean into a scattered and persecuted minority. The Jewish–Roman wars are often cited as a disaster to Jewish society.[11] The defeat of the Jewish revolts altered the Jewish population and enhanced the importance of Jewish diaspora, essentially moving the demographic center of Jews from Judea to Galilee and Babylon, with minor communities across the Mediterranean. Although having a sort of autonomy in the Galilee until the 4th century and later a limited success in establishing the short-lived Sasanian Jewish autonomy in Jerusalem in 614–617 CE, Jewish dominance in parts of the Southern Levant was regained only in the mid-20th century, with the founding of the modern state of Israel in 1948 CE.[citation needed]
    he Kitos War (115-117 CE) resulted in the deaths of 200,000 Jewish rebels and civilians. The third war of Jewish-Roman Wars, the Bar Kokhba revolt (132-136 CE) resulted in the deaths of 580,00 Jewish civilians and rebels. In total from all these conflicts, 815,000 to 830,000 Jewish civilians and rebels were killed.

You feel sorry for a handful of Arabs trying to steal a heritage that is not theirs.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.