NRL 0.00% 4.7¢ northam resources limited (application withdrawn 21 november 2022)

I tend to agree with gazman. Working with what information was...

Currently unlisted. Proposed listing date: 16 DECEMBER 2022 12:00 PM AEDT##
  1. 149 Posts.
    I tend to agree with gazman.

Working with what information was available in the announcement, the coal intersected was from the Fair Hill formation and had a density of 1.6g/cc.

That confirms the coal your working with has an ash content of around 40%. Washing that, as gazman pointed out, is going to be at the very least a headache.

Whether you can pull that out of the ground, wash it and sell your product is irrelevant if you cant get environmental approval for dumping millions of tonnes of reject coal. Trying to compare the reject coal on absolute terms with other mines is irrelevant also, since the environmental impact per tonne of coal product at larger mines would be far less.

I'm not of the stance that there is no way this will ever be mined, but I by no means believe this is the most significant find in Queensland of late.

On a final note, I think it is important to remember that as demand for a certain commodity increases, and in turn the price, supply must and will react. If that is by mining a lower quality resource, with a lower yield then so be it. Just don't be fooled by how lucrative you may think this find is.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NRL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.