88E 20.0% 0.2¢ 88 energy limited

GB Alkaid well completed yet?, page-2

1. Ya
    6,809 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3829
    TD was 8585ft (measured depth) & TVD was 8485'. Its located SW of their 2 wells drilled in 2012 (Alcor#1 & Merak#1) & completed as future oil wells. This well has a confi clause so will b a while b4 the basic drill reports go public, cant help u more sorry. I think the rule these days is 24mths & an operator can seek further extension. Used 2b 90 days in the 80's.

At Alcor-1, GB had perforated 3 separate intervals, ie HRZ shale, Kuparak sand & Shublik formation thro' the 7" liner & cut 4 cores, set pressure gauges etc, used a coil tubing unit, tried nito lift b4 suspending the well. Merak-1 was drilled as a vertical well & later kicked off, cored & drilled laterally into the Shublik formation where they set the 4.5" liner with swell packer for a stage frac job.

GB's Talitha-1 is nxt door to an old ARCO well called Pipeline State-1 which was TD'd at 10460' back in 1988, had lots of coal & gas & was a pain to drill as it sits on a ice pad, which thawed in summer. Welcome to the permafrost boys (750-800ft thick roughly b4 u get a rise in temperature sub-surf to drill fresh formation, ie).

The pad that 88E plan to use is basically on an old pad along the DHwy, where a well called Fraklin Bluffs-1 was TD'd by the Bureau of Land Mngmnt in Aug2005 at 1818' & cored a lot of coal. Isn't far from the gravelly air strip & the river. So including the Pipeline State-1 well, there r 2 old others in less then 20km radius (Bush Federal & West Kadleroshilik). As is the norm they should core the zones of interest & send them off to the lab for organic content & por/perm/fluid analysis b4 planning future wells.

Repsol's acreage was a lot derisked as they r drilling nxt to old wells which were near vertical to high angle vertical wells & flowed 300 bopd (colville river, fiord etc) Incidentally they had a well blowout due to a shallow gas pocket at Qugruk-2 in Feb12 & froze the rig as part of well control. That's all I can help u with. GLTA & its time for a break frm HC, adios.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 88E (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.