GBG 0.00% 2.9¢ gindalbie metals ltd

gbg and mgx, page-2

1. 871 Posts.
    GIMPOO

yep im with u.

GBG with its very large resource could have proposed a full on 50mt up front production but i guess they are beholden to everybody else in the midwest and the WA government as to infrastructure implementations.

they could have said i guess, we will be build our own port and started up a 50mtpa operation from go??

they already have ramped up output from 8mtpa to 12mtpa at startup shipping from GERALDTON.

FMG has brazenly taken the bull by the horns and gone full on head first with initial 50mt production and ramping up to 200mt over time.

to achieve 50mt upfront FMG have spent megabillions on their own port and rail.

now with all that upfront capex they will be in a very vulnrable situation so will BHP and RIO when the chinese end up buying all their ore requirements from their own JV partners like GBG etc and shut out the big 3-BHP, RIO, FMG.

GBG it appears is taking a carefull step at a time approach considering the infrastructure constraints and the way the infrastructure will be integrated into the midwest iron ore region

on the flip side it appears that ansteel GBG JV partner is keen to advance the project asap in respects to higher mineing outputs and faster time frames.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.