KZA 0.00% 8.0¢ kazia therapeutics limited

I read on Facebook today - a parent saying that their sick DIPG...

1. 2,082 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1651
    I read on Facebook today - a parent saying that their sick DIPG child - has had metformin, added to the ONC 201 / paxalisib combination treatment.

Medical news stories have not yet picked up.... on this much broader endorsement of reducing insulin levels in conjunction with PI3K treatments. (ie from this Dana Farber, Memorial Sloan and also Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Medical University of Vienna - new research, just out.)

Yet Lewis Cantley has been saying this exact same thing for years  -

I remember in fact - somebody from this chat community emailing Kazia about 8 years ago, referencing Dr Cantley's work. The reply came back yea/maybe/don't know  - but no blame on Kazia, as 8 years ago, Cantley did not have such as an endorsement, as this study confirms right now.

There would be 60 FDA current PI3K studies under way - indeed Kazia has got a good number of that total. How many has this seemingly new important requirement -  to get insulin levels down.......to make  PI3K work better.  

Lewis Cantley was invited over to the more prestigious Dana Farber hospitals - only last year.

His research has only now been endorsed in this July study release. I suspect however, Dr Wen and the like over at Dana Farber had become more aware of insulin and PI3K, only a year or so back - and the reason for Lewis Cantley heading off to DF...... Or maybe I should say not aware - but more believing

Implications for paxalisib - getting sugar down in the human body can be achieved relatively easily. Reduced insulin will make our drug work much better - take a bow Prof Cantley as finally your work and studies have been vindicated.

"These findings indicate that hyperglycemia is a critical resistance mechanism associated with PI3K inhibition in glioblastoma and that anti-hyperglycemic therapy may enhance PI3K inhibitor efficacy in glioblastoma patients."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.