RNE 16.7% 0.5¢ renu energy limited

Definitely agree with you, NS. I will be feeding some of my...

1. 1,843 Posts.
    Definitely agree with you, NS. I will be feeding some of my options into the market up until expiry date. They have a particularly high excercise price for their price level, and I can't afford to excercise them all. There will definitely be many like myself, though the weakness will be taken up by anyone wanting an instant $0.01 discount.

Margin loans will help some, but despite the huge predicted growth in electricity demand, it is certainly not something I will be dappling in to excercise the options.

Just out of general interest, the following article demonstrates how much Australia has to gain from increased energy efficiency and partial deregulation.

From the Herald Sun

"ENABLING power companies to charge more for electricity would play a major role in reducing global warming and increase economic growth, according to the sustainable energy industry. He said there was compelling evidence from California that showed an economy could still prosper while reducing its power needs by switching to energy efficient buildings and appliances.

Calls to deregulate electricity pricing received a boost from a United Nations report released at the weekend that stated energy efficiency was crucial to reducing atmospheric carbon dioxide. Excluding construction, buildings contribute nearly a quarter of the nation's greenhouse gas emissions and the sector accounts for 60 per cent of GDP, CEC deputy chairman Peter Szental said.

He cited a recent Centre for International Economics study that found building emissions could be cut by a third if certain energy efficiencies were adopted, adding $38 billion of savings to the Australian economy by 2050. Californian Public Utilities commissioner Dian Grueneich will tell a CEC conference in Melbourne today how her state has achieved remarkable economic growth while capping per capita energy use at 1980 levels across two decades. The state's nine-year energy efficiency program has eliminated the need for 10 new power plants and will have created net savings of $10 billion for consumers."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
-0.001(16.7%)
Mkt cap ! $3.630M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $7.91K 1.582M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
27 17347433 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 4849364 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RNE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.