SDV 0.00% 50.5¢ scidev ltd

Mango,Some addition to my previous post.I did the calculations...

1. 174 Posts.
    Mango,
    Some addition to my previous post.
    I did the calculations of the bath sizes for the galvanizers listed on the Galvanizers Association of Australia's website and for the Industrial Galvanizers sites in Australia. The results I got are very, very similar to the figures given in Intec's Industrial & Commercial Waste Recycling Conference (March 2011) presentation, pages 8 and 9. Namely, GBG has 117 cubic meters of bath capacity, Victoria has 286 and Australia has 1400 cubic meters.

Now, if you accept the comment that 117 cubic meters produces approxiamtely 1 million Lts per annum, then Australia would produce approximately 12 million Ltrs per year. If it is competitive at 1M Ltrs and if the modelling is correct then I believe at 3M Ltrs pa, it will change the market not only in Australia but arround the world.

It would be interesting to calculate the total world wide bath capacity for a big company like Industrial Galvanisers and see what SPL they have to deal with. But it may also be easier to dispose of it in landfill in places like The Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia. It all depends on the environmental laws in the country concerned.

The bottom line is how the data from Stage 2 and eventually Stage 3 is accepted internationally. It is exciting when you think of the how small Australia's quantity of SPL is compared to the rest of the world.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.