GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

geithner unveils next tarp tonight

1. 3,107 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    So, given the enormity of this next plan to purchase another trillion of the banks 'troubled assets', what are the odds that immediately Geithner finishes mumbling and stumbling through his speech that at least 2 things will immediately happen to demonstrate that 'confidence' has returned to the markets?

1) Gold gets smashed to smithereens
    2) Dow has huge gains (particularly financials)

Now, given that the 'troubled assets' in question are way way more than just troubled, is the above scenario really what one could expect.....well I would say NO not in a million years!!! and yet I would happily throw a few dollars onto it happening (at commensurate odds of course), afterall the form guide says this million to one shot grows an extra leg when the Fed or Treasury make speeches.

Is this going to be the final unequivocal proof of the massive manipulation that goes on? Maybe, but it's probably a moot point at this stage of the game I suspect.....

What's not a moot point is that anyone riding with the Fed / Treasury on this one had better know very well when to get back out before the 'confidence' mirage evaporates

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.