BIG 0.00% $2.22 big un limited

gekko treatment and amayapampa

1. 1,218 Posts.
    Just racing past my comp, but thought some may be interested in a bit of info comparing the Gekko treatment plant with CFIL. (I'll post a bit more when not so short on time)

This is based on a 100 t/hr plant

Gekko GFIL VS CIP/CIL

Operating Costs

$10 - 15/tonne VS $15 - 25/tonne

Power

8 - 10 kW hrs/t VS 20 - 24 kW hrs/t

Ore Exposed to CN (Cyanide)

5% - 30% VS 100%

Cyanide Usage

0.2 - 0.6 kg/tonne VS 0.8 - 2.0kg/tonne

Footprint

50% VS 100%

Capital Costs

50% VS 100%

In addition to this check out these points:

Fine and coarse concentrate treatment ability allows coarser comminution. (crushed particle size)

The ILR’s capacity to leach coarse (+300 micron) gravity concentrates as well as fine concentrates continuously allows comminution to be targeted at the maximum particle size required to obtain good concentration and leach recovery. Coarser grind sizes allow for significant savings in power – both an environmental and cost benefit.

Whole ore leaching is eliminated and cyanide solution is recycled With the treatment of concentrates by intensive leach, whole ore leaching can be eliminated for suitable ores The materials handling design of the unit, allows for spent liquor to be re-used and recycled - an improved environmental outcome. Relatively small cyanide bleed streams are easily detoxified –resulting in the majority of the plant tailings being cyanide free – a very positive environmental outcome.

All up, the fact that Amayapampa ore is suitable for the Gekko system is a major plus, because it enables a cheaper set up, and much lower operating costs. Plus a real win for environmental issues etc.

At current gold prices it makes what some think is a "too low" ore grade, look a lot better, especially at current gold prices.

cb

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.