GEM 0.79% $1.26 g8 education limited

Thought I'd share some useful websites for newbies on the Gem...

1. 765 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 64
    Thought I'd share some useful websites for newbies on the Gem forum.

www.mychild.gov.au
    This website will allow you to monitor the fees charged, the assessment rating and the vacancies of individual age groups within centres. The information is collated from data supplied by individual centres through the CCMS (Child Care Management System). Centres must submit this claim to collect their government subsidies.

www.careforkids.com.au
    Another website more general information than the above.

www.acecqa.gov.au
    Great website. Of most interest to shareholders will be the National Register, especially if you chart the holdings on a regular basis. Regular charting has raised the following questions.  Have all centres settled when they were supposed to? Have they sold any centres?

Occupancy remains a concern. They are still using marketing 'free week' 'go in the draw for a holiday' that in itself indicates that they themselves have concerns. It may increase enrolments slightly, but it doesn't guarantee that these enrolments will be happy with the care provided and remain long term customers.

I have checked two groups of 22 and 20 centres and 6 random centres. Only one of these centres is full. One out of  48. Most were displaying vacancies everyday, it may only be one vacancy or it could be ten.

How are they improving staff development? Staff development is constantly evolving, it changes with new children and families enrolments, it changes with staff employment. It has to be individualised, not a blanket approach.

Perhaps more acquisitions announced in August. Lets see.

IMO & DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GEM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.26
Change
-0.010(0.79%)
Mkt cap ! $1.015B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.27 $1.27 $1.25 $2.197M 1.744M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 7444 $1.25

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.26 16085 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GEM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.