GEM 0.42% $1.20 g8 education limited

The results announced on 16th. August were somewhat...

1. 327 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    The results announced on 16th. August were somewhat underwhelming and the SP has been hurting since. It appears to have settled at around the figure mentioned - $3.05 and like others I am expecting an upward movement from here is likely but it will be a slow one - three steps forward two steps back...... The overall market has also been fragile and is now only at around the same level it was mid July - this hasn't helped sentiment for GEM. The next half year results will be the proof of the pudding - if those results disappoint then the SP can be expected to slide south - again - but further. Dare I say that any reduction in dividend will also spell disaster, however, dividend is well covered and the second half results have consistently exceeded first half results for the past six years - a seasonal aspect to GEM's income. A positive aspect is that activity of major shareholders in recent weeks indicates that at the current SP level they are topping up. I still like the stock, the potential, the dividend, the franking and the growth opportunities - I am holding.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GEM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.20
Change
0.005(0.42%)
Mkt cap ! $971.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.20 $1.21 $1.19 $2.343M 1.953M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 15000 $1.20

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.21 71823 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GEM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.