G79 0.00% 2.7¢ goldoz limited

Hi @BlueSkyOne, You sort of left a bit out there, and inferred...

1. 357 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    Hi @BlueSkyOne,

You sort of left a bit out there, and inferred something different.

The article only said in relation to rubies and in passing sapphires:

"In the meantime, the industry has been feeling the impact of high production, in part due to the Gemfields large scale mining projects. We have seen a decline overall in ruby and sapphire prices, other than the rare, unheated extra fine gems from important sources.  The Mozambique production has produced a great quantity and high-quality rubies, often rivalling those from Burma."

I must have got it wrong, but isn't MUS rubies 'unheated' and higher quality?

The rest of the article talks about emeralds, diamonds and grey spinels. In essence the article only mentions the sentences I posted above about rubies.

So why is this a problem for CJ, or even the market MUS is pitching to?

It would appear, by inference, that Gemfields, don't really produce all the high end product, but many of the low end product, but I guess a lot of it.

I would be interested to know what is meant by the 'extra fine gems from important sources'?

It would be interesting if that answer, was it is artisanal miners. MUS seem to be treating them better, so who knows, we may be getting the better quality. All guess work, until the first auction.

The quantity will affect the price, but so will quality. If CJ has it right, hopefully, MUS has the quality, so the price won't be affected, and if anything, if there is less quality available, the price will be higher.

Just my odd thoughts as usual, as always, do your own research.

Cheers
    gsmaree

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add G79 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.