RRS 0.00% 0.1¢ range resources limited

gen. muse open office in bossaso for oil explo, page-2

1. 4,312 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 144
    "Thirdly, Puntland's former president said that the region's international image must be protected and urged the new administration to respect oil deals signed by the Muse government.

"I was going to return to Canada, but I have decided to open an office in Bossaso and to continue efforts in oil exploration," said Gen. Muse to the crowd's applause.

'New policy'

Dr. Farole, Puntland' s new leader who won a parliamentary vote on Jan. 8, at first praised outgoing President Gen. Muse for upholding promises to hold a peaceful election on time.

President Farole thanked the outgoing leadership, the traditional elders, the intellectuals, the politicians and the women who took part in organizing and holding a peaceful and orderly election.

He gave special thanks to ex-President Muse for a smooth transition of power, while acknowledging that the former ruler has plenty of information on development contracts he inked with foreign partners since 2005.

"He [Muse] will become the administration's special adviser on development issues," said President Farole as the hall erupted in applause."

More Articles

RELATED:
    Somalia: New Puntland president takes office
    Somalia: 12 killed in Mogadishu violence, incl. Ethiopia soldiers
    Somalia Headlines Jan. 10, 2009

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.