gen y obsessed with leisure time: says ceo

1. 123 Posts.
    I have just copy and pasted this article from thewest.com.au.

What are your thoughts on what Nick Marvin had to say on this?

A leading Perth chief executive has questioned the work ethic of younger generations, noting they were "obsessed" about having adequate leisure.

In comments that echo the thoughts of some company heads who are hiring Generation Y, Perth Wildcats chief executive Nick Marvin said the heavy focus which young employees placed on "work-life balance" was affecting the efficiency of businesses.

"I am not sure you can be extremely productive as well as have work-life balance throughout your whole life," Mr Marvin said at the latest _WestBusiness _/Australian Institute of Management WA CEO Voice boardroom lunch.

"I grew up with my parents working 12 to 13-hour days. I don't know anyone in my organisation under the age of 24 who works longer than I do. They are obsessed about work-life balance." Perth Education City boss Mike Ryan said the latest generation of employees was creating new issues which businesses needed to address: "The digital generation's expectations in the workplace are totally different," he said.

But HBF chief Rob Bransby said it was a "myth" Gen-Y did not work hard. (I agree with Rob Bransby's comment).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.