@NoBoDe - thanks - I do know the story, but will watch it...

1. 17,849 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @NoBoDe - thanks - I do know the story, but will watch it tonight.

BTW Reinhold Messner is alive and well and he is 76 - and he has taken famous people, including Angela Merkel on mountaineering tours in the South Tyrol and Austria - he has another brother, Hansjörg Messner, who is a psychoanalyst - and he reckons, Reinhold is so fit because he is 'stur' - which means stubborn in the extreme.

My husband was a passionate mountaineer - more into climbing, but, even in Australia, he often talked about the Himalayas and how he would like to climb there one day - so maybe, if we hadn't migrated to Australia - he might have found his end in the mountains. He always believed in the 'free-style' of climbing (with little equipment, in his case, just a hammer or ice pick, a couple of those hooks (Karibiners) and a rope - and a buddy - these days people 'free-climb' without any aid - really crazy.

They existed on little food - I remember chocolate and bacon - and always a bit of water in reserve, in just one of those little army bottles . . .
    I might have gone the same way - I loved the mountains- getting too old for strenuous stuff, sad, really - but - these days - there are motor cars, and ski lifts biggrin.png

Ah well, back to the grindstone - there is so much accumulated dust, detritus in my house; - I can't believe it - it sort of looks o.k.

Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.