@NoBoDe et alI am going to see if I can copy an email sent to me...

1. 17,835 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @NoBoDe et al

I am going to see if I can copy an email sent to me today, by my lovely old friend, who is in hospital at the moment and she is crazy about animals - any, 2- and 4-legged:

Subject:FW: True Story with Pictures....So nice, for dog/pet lovers

No, I was unable - did actually get the story across, but not the pictures - maybe you can help out. I will post the first three paragraphs.
    The dog has long since died, but it is a true story, I checked it out on Snopes.

In 2003, police in Warwickshire , England , opened a garden shed and found a whimpering, cowering dog. The dog had been locked in the shed and abandoned. It was dirty and malnourished, and had quite clearly been abused.

In an act of kindness, the police took the dog, which was a female greyhound, to the Nuneaton Warwickshire Wildlife Sanctuary, which is run by a man named Geoff Grewcock, and known as a haven for animals abandoned, orphaned, or otherwise in need.

Geoff and the other sanctuary staff went to work with two aims: to restore the dog to full health, and to win her trust. It took several weeks, but eventually both goals were achieved. They named her Jasmine, and they started to think about finding her an adoptive home.

Jasmine, however, had other ideas. No one quite remembers how it came about, but Jasmine started welcoming all animal arrivals at the sanctuary. It would not matter if it were a puppy, a fox cub, a rabbit or, any other lost or hurting animal. Jasmine would just peer into the box or cage and, when and where possible, deliver a welcoming lick.

Geoff relates one of the early incidents. "We had two puppies that had been abandoned by a nearby railway line. One was a Lakeland Terrier cross and another was a Jack Russell Doberman cross.

Hope you can trace the story, because the pictures are so lovely!
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.