Hi @picastoc - I am very time-poor at the moment. I find once I...

1. 17,690 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 140
    Hi @picastoc - I am very time-poor at the moment. I find once I get started on HC 1 hour just flies by, mostly it's 2 hours. I cannot afford that at the moment.
    I am replying to you, but hope other people read this as well: Monday last was my birthday - NBD notifies me that a gift had arrived 'go and check your P.O.Box he said! -

Well, I go to Post Office and there are 4 parcels to be picked up, 2 of them large and heavy. The smallest lady at the P.O. says to me: 'come out the back with your car' - together we then shifted a very heavy parcel into my car, which eventually split when later I was trying to lift it out. There are more than 50 and it is by no means all of NBD's work - I do hope he continues painting and drawing.

To cut a long story short:
    @NoBoDe has gifted me almost his entire collection of paintings he did in a lifetime. Some are absolutely beautiful, many are dark and broody, ALL have the smell of wood fire and possibly bush fire smoke on them, and layers of dust etc. some have earth rolled into the canvas.
    I have begun to clean the canvasses. I also had a guest who gave a first judgment - he was impressed.

I now have a plan 'to do' at least 2 paintings per day, that is I clean them on my large dining table, suitably covered in an old linen tablecloth, bit by bit with a soapy solution. soap is liquid baby soap, but it's with olive oil. so far so good - the most beautiful and colourful one took me two hours, and another go the next day, but it's 220cm x 120cm - L a r g e -

The last parcel to arrive I picked up in the afternoon of Wednesday. They were rolled up canvasses, one had some water damage, so immediate attention was necessary. Next day I was due to visit my friends in the country, which I did and which was a lot of fun as usual; lots of laughter, swimming, food, drinking etc.

Saturday back to cleaning , Today the cleaning is relegated to the evening, as I need to attend to my 'garden' - i.e. cleaning up mountains of dead leaves, as my gardener is no longer available. So that job will be a daily routine for the next week or so. Don't expect too many posts from me.
    Deep down I am grateful for NBD's gift, but also overwhelmed.

Keep one another entertained, informed and keep friendly - this is a nice thread
    Cheers
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.