@NoBoDe - I tried posting a few messages yesterday but my...

1. 17,690 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 140
    @NoBoDe - I tried posting a few messages yesterday but my internet didn't play ball. Too much wind here - or something - sometimes I wonder what I am paying for - Optus even had the gall to continue charging me for nbn when they had organised for an nbn technician to come out and check my system - obviously his report that I have 2 breaks and need to replace the entire line from house to street (36m) went astray. It took four phone calls and each time a repeat of my account No., name and birth date, before I got hold of someone who eventually promised to credit me for the extra charges they have imposed since December. . . . . nothing but people with Chinese, often unintelligible accents on the phone and one starts talking r e a l s l o w - as if to a child - and, of course, somewhere in their system they've got my surname wrong, sneaking an 'i' in after the 's' - sounds nice, but most likely cost my a lot of pain last year when trying to fix my email problems.

Meanwhile - looking at your photographs, some amazing and obviously you are into landscapes and unusual natural formations - admiring the amazing gift of raptor, cockatoo and other feathers, now proudly displayed in a Chinese Vase on my quasi-mantle piece, and getting angry at your ill-treatment of your paintings. Will take that little silver beauty of a landscape painting to my framer today and see what he can suggest.

Question: are those canvasses which come glued to boards (cardboard) glued with PVC (i.e. water-based glues) - because corners of some of your smaller paintings have come loose and the canvas has warped due to moisture; cleaning, straightening out, heavy weights of encyclopaediae Britannica doesn't make any difference - so off they'll go to Steffan today . . . . I am assuming the glue is water-based, otherwise the canvas wouldn't have come loose (due to moisture!! mad.png).

Thankyou again for your birthday gifts and the rest - btw - woke up overwhelmed - again and viewed the photographs; my maternal grandmother came from Zlin County btw. if that means anything to you - she left home to go a long way - for those days - maybe she visited a relative in Austria - had 10 children of whom 3 died in infancy and the eldest, a beautiful tall young man, died from the Spanish flu, just after having had to join the army (WWI) , but before he saw any action - maybe lucky. - My mother was the third-youngest. Your photos of peasants etc. reminded me of the two photos I have of grandmother, no head covering, but hair severely pulled back into a bun, long skirt, high neckline; sadly, I never knew her frown.png

Have a grand day
    your curious curator
    Dame Tau

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.