SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

gene-1 progress

1. 2,568 Posts.
    Sorry if I'm repeating what may have been mentioned recently...in relation to timelines IMHO I dont think we will receive another update until next week say Monday. Given the well will take at least 28 days to drill before fraccing commences and given the complications involved in drilling vertical then horizontal wells, I think progress should slow from here on.

"The forward plan is to drill vertically to the kick off point at a depth of 10,757 feet, at which time the well will be deviated such that it is horizontal at a measured depth (MD) of 11,537 feet. This depth represents a true vertical depth (TVD) of 11,239 feet. At this depth, 7 inch casing will be run and cemented."

My uneducated guess is that at this point, being the start of the primary target, they would probably undertake some more logging. Hopefully we get these results early next week.

"Following that operation the well will be drilled horizontally to a measured depth (MD) of 17,060 feet (TVD 11,239 feet) where a casing liner, equipped with external casing packers will be run such that the middle Bakken Formation can be fracture stimulated sequentially along the full extent of the 5,500 foot horizontal section."

Final TD should be reached by say 19th Feb and my guess is that we should receive this update including further logging results by the following Monday 22nd Feb. At which point they would then need to utilise a work over rig and commence fraccing proceeded by flow testings...so say another 30 days...then with production potential confirmed by say end of March?

Even though this seems some time off IMO there should still be enough updates in between to support further SP rises.

Any thoughts?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.