GBE 0.00% 5.1¢ globe metals & mining limited

Ministry of Mining Malawi facebook post MarchMinistry of Mining...

1. 2,803 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145

Niobium Refinery Officially Coming to Malawi's Capital
    Globe Metals Limited, an Australian company with an MDA for the Kanyika Niobium project in Mzimba will site a niobium refinery in Malawi’s capital Lilongwe.
    PS in the Ministry of Mining Dr Joseph Mkandawire said the announcement was made during a meeting between Ministry of Mining officials led by Minister of Mining Hon Monica Chang’anamuno, MP. and Globe Metals Limited officials at the Ministry’s office in Lilongwe on Thursday 29 March 2024.
    The development means the Niobium Refinery will be in Lilongwe instead of Namibia or Dubai as previously planned.
    Kanyika Niobium project is one of the MDAs President Lazarus McCarthy Chakwera’s administration has successfully negotiated.
    Mkandawire said apart from collecting more revenue from the refined products, the investment will also create employment opportunities. Thus both employment and revenues will occur at the mine site in Mzimba and at the refinery in Lilongwe.
    “There will be a double creation of job opportunities, one at Kanyika where mining will be taking place and one at the refinery site. These are the types of mining investment that the government wants,” he said.
    The PS said metallurgical and engineering tests have been done and that the government is eager to support the development of the refinery plant.
    A post on the Globe Metals’ website has indicated that the company plans to power mining and refining operations with renewable energy.
    The Chief Executive Officer Grant Hudson said, he was excited about this new development since they are a partner to solving economic problems in the country.
    Currently, the company is sourcing debt financing or investors to start mine development

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $35.18M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.1¢ 4.8¢ $19.73K 395.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 54570 3.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.1¢ 26353 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GBE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.