ASR 0.00% 0.5¢ asra minerals limited

@Bigdude65 Hey mate find below chart of a recent trade in HCH....

1. G76
    875 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 150
    @Bigdude65

Hey mate find below chart of a recent trade in HCH. Please note I am just a retail investor and whilst my only source of income is trading, I am learning all the time and my trading style that suits my life is swing trading, so I am not telling you to trade any certain way just a possible entry/exit technique for you to try. I don't know about comsec charting but to my mind their fees would be far greater than the like s of IBKR or IG. I use IG and it's $20 per month for ASX live data and $5 trades. If you're quite active fees are waived.

Daily chart here...I use this to define trend and consolidation periods. HCH has a large cap so moves a lot more predictably than smaller caps so it give you time to evaluate in it's slower movements. You can clearly see consolidation periods where the MACD MA lines run almost horizontal, and the bull runs correlate with the positive territory within the MACD histogram. For me once in a clear consolidation I'm looking at the daily for price to find support off an MA...so you can clearly see my entry was confirmed by support off the 20 day MA and my exit was rationalized by a move towards breaking through the 9 to the downside. Then look at the hourly below for how exit was timed. For smaller caps with lowish volume I use Heikin-ashi candles as they smooth out price action a little more for me.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2946/2946382-4c55082d489a2f64198b91e2c7318d59.jpg

Then the hourly for my exit....in IG I set indicator alerts for when MACD crosses a certain number and I get a text and email. With their app I can close or open trades via my phone if I'm not near my computer. A couple of notes on there for reference take attention to the candle break through the 9 day MA.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2946/2946406-c90e0338fdd887095dca88482300d7c2.jpg

If you are buying into stocks because you are aware a certain sector is or is turning bullish, then your entry doesn't really matter too much if you plan on holding longer term as long as you don't go a buy on a peak (called chasing trades). However if you want to sell in and out of the runs and consolidation periods then you would use the same idea on the hourly with your entries but ALWAYS CLEARLY DEFINE AN UPTREND (if long trades) AND CONSOLIDATION WITH THE DAILY.

To reiterate I am definitely no expert just trying to help a brother out...fair winds.

GLTAH...DYOR...G76

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.162M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $850 199.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
19 25826645 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 11293290 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.48am 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.