General chat, page-2

1. 7,791 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 105
    As scary as days like these are for non gold holders, you either look at it as opportunity or panic. These cycles affect me in any stock I hold besides those that pay dividends. I'm only holding BOQ (smashed the last 2 days) which pays dividends. So rather than freak out I picked up a few more. Was it a smart decision? No idea.. At least you (holding HAV) have the opportunity to look at something in yr portfolio and see a healthy green number and grats for it

Decisions? I can promise you whatever you decide if it's wrong you'll wish you did the other and you have a 50%50 chance of getting that right. Bad day for the markets in general. I don't take it personally when the entire market (except gold) is taking a beating. It's good you hold a gold stock. Hopefully it continues to perform and makes you a tidy sum

Can't say NAB helped out today. But markets move in up and down cycles. Gold needs to go up and markets need to go down. Then the reverse will be true. It's how the institutions with large amounts of money make profits. Look at BlackRock taking a position in a little bank like BOQ. Look what has happened since. The hardest part is joining in because they are shorting and at some point these shares need to be returned. Might be a week or a month or 6 months. Just knowing that it has happened and not being scared out of yr holding is 99% of the battle. The other 1% is you already know the stock you hold is solid and that is why you hold it.

7 days until cba announcement. I don't even want you to eat cake. IF CBA exceeds profit guidance and retains or increases dividends then that flows on to other banks. 7 days and counting

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.